The Toll Brothers Green Home in Texas
At Toll Brothers, we strive to build environmentally friendly, energy efficient homes that provide comfort, savings, and value to each of our home buyers – making a Toll Brothers home the right choice for you and your family.
Click on the green leaves below to view some of the green features we put into our homes.
Not every feature is available at every community
- 1. HIGH-EFFICIENCY AIR CONDITIONING by Carrier/Bryant is 40% more efficient than what is in most homes and uses Puron®, a refrigerant that doesn’t damage the ozone layer.
- 2. HIGH-PERFORMANCE, DOUBLE PANE LOW-E3 WINDOWS reduce heat loss through the window glass by up to one third, keeping you more comfortable while saving energy, and also reduce the transmission of UV light that can cause furniture and fabrics to fade.
- 3. ENERGY STAR® QUALIFIED APPLIANCES by KitchenAid® with the ENERGY STAR® label can use up to 50% less energy than non-ENERGY STAR® models.
- 4. WATER-CONSERVING FIXTURES by KOHLER®, an EPA WaterSense® Partner, allow today’s toilets, shower heads, and faucets to use less water while still maintaining performance.
- 5. PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTATS allow you to set your heating and cooling cycles to follow your family’s lifestyle.
- 6. ENERGY STAR® QUALIFIED HOT WATER HEATERS can use up to 50% less energy than standard models, saving you money on utility bills.
- 7. ECO-FRIENDLY KITCHEN CABINETS are constructed from hardwood purchased from certified sustainable forestry programs.
- 8. MULTIPLE HEATING AND COOLING ZONES let you maintain different temperatures in each zone to save energy and increase comfort.
- 9. INSULATED EXTERIOR DOORS assist in keeping cold and heat at bay, and help lower heating and cooling costs.
- 10. LOW-VOC PRODUCTS, like the paints, woodwork, and carpet materials we use in our homes, emit low or zero volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which helps maintain a healthy indoor air quality.
- 11. HOUSE WRAP reduces air infiltration by tightly sealing the building envelope, which can improve the energy efficiency, air quality, and comfort of your home.
- 12. BLOWN-IN ATTIC INSULATION allows for a tighter fit and seal. It can be installed around corners, beams, or wiring and fills the voids, resulting in a better-insulated home.
- 13. TIGHTLY SEALED AIR DUCTS direct conditioned air to where you need it for increased heating and cooling efficiency.
- 14. MANUFACTURED WOOD COMPONENTS, including engineered floor systems and beams use less material and reduce waste, and, by using faster-growing, sustainably harvested trees, help to save our old-growth forests.
- 15. RADIANT BARRIER ROOF DECKING can lower attic temperatures up to 30 degrees in the summer and reduce air conditioning usage by up to 17%.